Re: parts needed for 66 1600 roadster

To: dowdy00@in-tch.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: parts needed for 66 1600 roadster
From: VulForge@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 13:07:32 EDT
In a message dated 7/7/00 12:41:57 AM Central Daylight Time,
dowdy00@in-tch.com writes:

<< 9)  Mechanical windshield washer pump for dash and squirter heads

That was useless when it was new.  Your best bet is to install an aftermarket
or junkyard 12v pump and/or reservoir.  You can probably find aftermarket
nozzles, but I am sure our suppliers or someone on the list can send you a
pair of the originals.  If you want to keep with the original look, gut the
pushbutton pump and use it as an actuator for the momentary switch for the
electric pump.
Most of your other items are available through our list suppliers.  The
internet is amazing!  Parts are more available now, and cheaper in real
dollars, than when these cars were new!
You will need to post some more info on you engine.  Is it a L20b?  That
would have come out of a 710 or similar.  Once you let us know what it is one
of the technical geniuses on this list should be able to advise you on how to
hook it into the roadster instruments and wiring.

Congradulations and welcome to the family!

Russell Criswell

Kansas City MO
67 1600