Re: parts needed for 66 1600 roadster

To: dowdy00@in-tch.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: parts needed for 66 1600 roadster
From: "Mark Gill" <willie2570@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 19:42:26 GMT
Hello Dick & Charlotte,
Congratulations on your new Roadster and welcome to the Roadster List!
We all hope that you enjoy your car as much as we do.  A lot of the list
members are visiting the All Datsun Meet at Mt. Shasta, CA this week.

There are several vendors that specialize in Datsun Roadster Parts and
Restoration.  Rallye Ent. http://www.datsunroadster.com/ in Graham,
Washington has the most illustrated Parts web site and is fairly close to
you.  There are others that are very good and helpful.  Many parts can still
be ordered thru your local Nissan dealer, especially if the dealership has
an older parts counter guy with roadster experience.  There is even a
Roadster Parts book on the internet see:
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/partsidx.html.

Also a good resource for info is the archive section of the Roadster List.
You will find that most Roadster owners have gone through, most if not all
of the things you are.  The cars do have their quirks, but most owners
develop a deeper appreciation for their Roadsters, the more they care for
them.  You may want to search the archives for messages from some of the
more knowledgable owners ie Thomas Walters, Gordon Glasgow, and many others.

Also for fellow Roadster owners, I would suggest the Wyoming Colorado
Roadster Owners Club, see: http://members.xoom.com/WyCROC/home.htm.  There
may be clubs in Montana.

The Datsun 1966 SPL311 or 1600 is an excellant collector's vehicle.  With
today's market price being an exceptional value, the Datsun Roadster has
everything a collector could want:
  1. Classic Good Looks - (Wish I could look that good after being driven
hard for 30+ years) :-}
  2. Historical significants - both from street and race perspectives.
  3. Excellant performance and durability
  4. Most important - The cars are a blast to own and drive

I work in Dallas, Texas, and you wouldn't believe the waving, honking,
thumbs up, and offers to buy my car every time I drive through the city.
Beauty is hard to describe, but easy to recognise.  Even though almost
everyone has to ask what kind of car is that; they all say coooolll car.

Enjoy the ride, 8-)
Mark Gill
Denton, Texas
1970 SRL311 14359