Looking for an R16 block and/or 4speed tranny...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Looking for an R16 block and/or 4speed tranny...
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 00:30:14 EDT
hi folks...was wondering if anyone (around the bay area) might be interested
in trading a complete 3-main R16 for a bare 5-main R16 block. I'll let it go
with an older head and manifolds and carbs and all... I just want to try and
get my hands on a 5-main block to use as a base for a stroker motor. The
motor I have for trade is supposedly seized, but I haven't even had the time
to investigate further...it is complete and looks very clean, though.
Also....anyone have a spare 4 speed tranny they'd like to get rid of? I could
also trade you another tranny for it, but it is in unknown condition, as I'd
like to try and get a known good tranny to immediately swap into a car.
thanks in advance...

Van