Re: Paint Job Expense

To: "Michael Tarelka" <mtarelka@home.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Paint Job Expense
From: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 12:30:24 -0500
Even when doing it yourself, materials aren't cheap.  To do it properly
requires coating the car up to 10 times (if not more).  Of course this all
depends on the painting system you are using.
1-etching primer (for bare metal)
3-"fill-n-sand" (wetsand for good finish)
1-sealer
2-basecoat
3-clearcoat (this can vary depending on desired finish)

All this adds up and with the cost of paint and primer, can add up to easily
over $500 (if your lucky).
Get the best you can afford.
Nruff