Re: U20 timing cover stud removal

To: "Jim Tyler" <jtyler@ga.prestige.net>
Subject: Re: U20 timing cover stud removal
From: "Kyle Hagemann" <kwhcpa@addler.net>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 11:39:03 -0700
I wrote:

>> I want to leave the head torqued down, and I don't want to
>> remove the pan...
>>
>> Anywhoo - can I double-nut those studs and pull 'em out..?
>

>Yes, but it isn't easy getting everything back together.  Can
>be done, but isn't a fun job.  Dropping the pan helps.

Well, I'll be pulling the head off after I inspect the chains;
I just want to leave everything in as-run condition until I
examine everything. Reassembly will be fine; I may have to loosen
some of the pan bolts, though, from reading this:

>Because of the 10mm pump stud (be CAREFUL if you attempt to
>get it out!) and the alignment dowels, the cover has to go on
>dead straight.

Forgive my ignorance, especially as it will likely be obvious
once I tear into it, but what it the 10mm pump stud?

>Good Luck
>Jim

Thanks again and again, Jim, you've been very helpful!

Kyle
off to Harbor Freight for snap ring pliers to tear that 5spd up!