Re: Double headgasket U20

To: "Jim Tyler" <toplessdatsun@ga.prestige.net>
Subject: Re: Double headgasket U20
From: "Kyle Hagemann" <kwhcpa@addler.net>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 11:36:05 -0700
>Kyle Hagemann wrote:
>> Hi again-
>> ...I'll spare you the usual wordy explanation:-) is it advisable
>> and/or possible to use two headgaskets on a U20 to lower
>> compression and tighten the timing chain (my two goals while I
>> have the rascal apart).
>
>Not a good idea, it will typically leak somewhere, or you end up
>passing the half ass mess on to the next owner (labeling you a "P.O").
>You MAY get away with it, but it isn't the right way to correct the problem.
>Jim

Thanks for that Jim-

In fact, I'm trying to come up with a way to lower the compression
WITHOUT earning the PO title... and it seems that grinding the head
might put me in an even worse light.  I haven't looked at the chains
yet, just hedging my bets for planning....

The car runs fine on 92 octane, so maybe <sigh> I'll just live with
it.... decisions, decisions....:-)

thanks again for the feedback.
       ____  Kyle Hagemann, Born-Again Grease Monkey From Beyond
   _.;(____\____    72 240Z, L28/E88/SU, 5sp, all poly - Z Beast