Re: Gordon's Garage has been remodeled

To: "Gordon Glasgow" <glasgow@serv.net>,
Subject: Re: Gordon's Garage has been remodeled
From: Marc Tyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 11:22:04 -0500
>Black wrinkle-finish paint. I let the cam cover sit out in the sun for a
>half-hour before and after
>I shot it. The hotter it gets, the more it wrinkles. Next time maybe I'll
>use an oven. The heat
>would be more even.

Just don't use a gas oven or it'll be like Australian pest control.
(boom!)
One way to get things evenly warm is in a ventilated box in the sun (We
do this a lot with our propmaking stuff.  A black (or dark green or
blue)plastic tub from the home center with a few 3/8 inch holes drilled
high and low will get nice and toasty in the June sun,  vent the paint
solvents, and keep crud from settling on the new paint.  I think there's
even some sun in Seattle this time of year ;-)  This  will warm the whole
piece evenly so you don't have one side at 100 deg and another at 130
deg.  Aluminum is a good conductor, but not 100% efficient.

Marc t.

Marc T.

Marc T.

Marc Tyler