Gordon's Garage has been remodeled

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gordon's Garage has been remodeled
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 17:45:02 -0700
Okay, I guess it's time to launch this. I've been getting caught in the
Developer's trap of "just
one more tweak" but now it's time to roll it out. I've been working on a major
revision of my site
for quite a while now (over a year, actually). All the old stuff is still
there, but there are a lot
of additions.

For one, there is a new section called "The Essential Roadster" that has a lot
of technical
information like part dimensions, engineering drawings from the service manual,
bolt and torque
specs, etc. There are also links to some of the pages people have put up about
their restoration
experiences. But the biggest addition is the Rising Sun Racing Archives. Scott
Sheeler put out a
catalog back in the 1980's that contained many pages of explanations and tech
tips. With his
permission, I have reproduced them here. In catalog form, the text was about
100 pages!

The Limited-Slip article has been redone with photographs to replace the funky
bitmap drawings
(still a few left to replace, but the important ones are now photographs).

I have also added a page of Events with links to reports of the major roadster
shows.

This site is now database-driven, which shouldn't matter to you, but should
make my life much
easier. More advanced technology also means that it may be more susceptible to
failures from time to
time. I have tested it with later-version browsers but not all of the earlier
ones, since I don't
have them all. If it breaks on you, let me know.

So, welcome to Gordon's Garage, Version 3 at
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/garage.asp

--
Gordon Glasgow
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org