Re: 1967 2000 For Sale in California

To: CalSpeed@aol.com
Subject: Re: 1967 2000 For Sale in California
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 16:18:27 PST8PDT
> In a message dated 5/30/00 7:54:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Ldino21@aol.com
> writes:
>
> << DATSUN 1967 Roadster, 2000, 5spd, reg 01/01, runs, nds wrk, must sell,
> $1700
>  or best offer 916-783-6172 >>

I visited this car yesterday. As Calspeed reports, it's a 1600 with an
engine swap. I checked the original VIN. It's been re-labeled by
California DMV as the original plate is virtually unreadable.

Primer grey, likely a skim coat of bondo underneath. Typical lower fender
rot - to us west coasters that means there's no metal where the bolt holds
the corner to the frame. In the northeast it would be considered 'minor
surface rust' :-)

Missing side chrome. Rear took a pretty good hit and was pulled back
out (lots of daylight at the rear of the trunk). Funky steering column -
does a 67.5 have the locking column, with the lock cylinder _under_
the dash?

Calspeed - it has a 160 speedo! Might or might not work, though. The
8k tach is missing its pointer. Hardtop with latches but no driver's
window. No interior (carpets, door panels). Has the radio and such.
Sunvisors in a box, along with hubcaps, new steering wheel, other
odds and ends. New master brake cylinder in the car.

Starts up and idles well - late model U20 (smog). Didn't try driving it.

-- John