The importance of the shift knob.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: The importance of the shift knob.
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 21:43:52 PDT
All,

Went and picked up my 70 2000 today. I was of course interested in how the
ride would be different than my 67 2000. We all know the differences-
windshield height, padded dash, etc. The ride in the 70 was much smoother
than my 67 and I will say that SUs are MUCH quieter than solexes.

But the most amazing thing to me was the shift knob. The 70 has the tapered
black hard plastic one on it. My 67 has the vinyl fabric with the Griffen
logo on it. For me it was no contest. I LOVE the feel of the tapered hard
plastic knob. When I get the 67 redone, it's getting one of those.

So yes, all kinds of differences between by 67 and my 70, but for some
reason this one difference stood out above the others. I am sure I will be
doing more comparisons between the two, but for now I am just welcoming a
new member to my family.

Andrew Murphy
67 2000
70 2000