Re: theft prev / coil wire trick

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: theft prev / coil wire trick
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 21:59:32 EDT
Removing the coil wire.......

Mark just related to me that he had used this as a *quickie* theft deterrent.
Apparently it worked great until his co-workers saw him do it one day. They
decided (without telling him of course! ) to help his efforts along by
stealing the rotor out of the dist. Seems he went back to his car, popped the
wire on..... <G> No start. OOPS.

Sounds like just the sort of bratty thing I'D do !

Personally, If I was determined to take a car w/a missing coil wire, I'd just
rig one from one of the spark plugs.....may not make a picture perfect
getaway in it, but way too easy. And wouldn't a prepared thief carry a spare
anyway ?!?!?!?!??.

 In reality there's really no way around it. As my dad always pointed out to
me: "locks are for honest people."

Laurie :-)
(who hasn't bothered with locking a car since about 1984)
70 SPL311
69 SRL311
Chandler, AZ