Re: Back on the road again!! [distributor timing]

To: John F Sandhoff <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Subject: Re: Back on the road again!! [distributor timing]
From: Stephan Sochoux <sochoux@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 16:09:31 -0700 (PDT)
--- John F Sandhoff <sandhoff@csus.edu> wrote:
> Stephan writes:
> > ...Since i put 1600 domed pistons in my U20...
>
> And you're clearing the valves?
>
> I suspect you've got a tad high compression ratio
> with that combo!
> Can you borrow a compression gauge (Fred? You out
> there?) and
> see what sort of pressure you're cranking (warmed
> up, wide open throttle,
> fully charged battery. Oh yeah - disconnect the
> coil! Trust me :-) ).

Since i had to buy new pistons and i had read Bob
Sharp's manual, oh what the heck, more power!

I was concerned when i put it back together but i
clayed it to make sure. I manually turned it over
prior to cranking it.

I have a compression tester, i'll get some readings.

I think i need to adjust the timing to compensate for
the higher compression.

Stephan