Re: Aftermarket Watertemp gauge

To: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Aftermarket Watertemp gauge
From: Mark van der Hoek <captainhoek@postmark.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 18:42:52 -0600
Jim Tyler wrote:

> If you are trying to redeem yourself, this is a good start.
> A good temp gauge is a REALLY good idea.  Get a Stewart Warner
> dial type mechanical gauge.  A voltmeter or oil pressure
> gauge is nice too.
>
> Jim

Yup.  Voltmeter beats an ammeter anytime.  Both is best, but if you can only
have one, go for the voltmeter.  Of course, you go with a good quality meter,
not a JC Whitney or K-Mart special.  Cheap gauges are worse than cheap tools -
they can be very expensive!

--
Mark van der Hoek
Salt Lake City

"Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said,'Thank God
 I'm still alive.' But, of course, those who
 died, their lives will never be the same again."

                U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very
 important part of your life."

                Brooke Shields

Dan Qualye was right.  It IS a terrible thing to lose one's mind!