paint o rama!

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: paint o rama!
From: "Pam and Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 23:09:50 -0700
The body of the beast went down to Vista yesterday behind Les Cannaday's
truck (thanks, Les!). I have to admit, my Scraper's Elbow is feeling better
already. Now all I have to do is

reassembleengineputinchassisandplateeverythingthataintweldedon.

Whew! I hope I'll be ready to mate body and frame when painting is done.
Anyone in OC with a torque wrench that needs a workout, let me know.

Phil Hall did a wonderful job fabricating an aluminum shift knob for me. It
looks so good on its powder coated shifter that I'm re-learning my
double-clutching skills, sans clutch. Kinda lame, I know, but you should
hear my Vrooom! sounds :-) Phil did such a fine job that I have commissioned
him to work on other aspects of this resotration. Hope to post some progress
pics soon...am getiing a digital camera (my tax refund at work).

Have read with interest the trreads re: keeping the black/gold plates when
re-registering in California. I have noticed a number of companies in CA,
Oregon and back east that offer license plate restoration. Does anyone know
if this is legal in California? I've seen some fine looking plates on some
fifties and sixties Chevys around town. I don't want to wade through the
2000 DMV regs to find out...I'll probably discover that the high-capacity
magazine in my assault rifle is illegal, too!

Paul
67 1600