Another 'newbie'

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another 'newbie'
From: "Damian Hall" <HALLJD@pictou.nscc.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 08:42:46 -0300
Good-day to all,

I write this as the result of the example set by Hoon Kim, also new to the list.

I felt somewhat like a voyeur, skulking on the list these last 2 weeks, trying
to get a feel as to the 'threads' and the protocol. Unlike many on the list
however, I hail from eastern Canada, Nova Scotia to be precise. The license
plate reads 'Canada's Ocean Playground' and I am located approximately 12 hrs
NE of Boston, MA.

I have been enjoying a great deal of the discussion as I plot a strategy to get
my 69 2000 on the road. I purchased it 2 days ago without driving it. It has
had extensive body work, including frame blasted and painted, two new
Datsun/Nissan fenders and the LR quarter panel. It also has the 'American
Racing' alloys, a Datsun sport steering wheel and a 4-point seatbelt in the
drivers position. Under the hood are Solex's and the alloy oil pan.
Before my rambling puts people off, I have one main technical question (body).
> Is there an insulator that should be found between the body mounts and the
>frame connections? What should I use? The PO supplied what look like large
>washers cut from 8mm rubber belting. Currently the body is just sitting on the
>frame. I also seem to remember a 'thread' a long time ago regarding the
>insulator that sits on top of the frame rail under the floor. It was
>identified as a "corrosion encourager".Any responses will be gratefully
>received. Thanks
For those interested...
I had originally purchased SRL- 03696 and 09285 in 1989. I had seriously
thought that I would restore the better of the two but then reality kicked in.
From that date to this they have been 'resting'. SRL-11264 just appeared in the
LOCAL paper two weeks ago and was actually located just 80 kms from my home. It
has not been on the road since 1985 but has always been in dry storage. So....
away we go!

I am a Licensed Automotive Technician, ASE Master Auto Tech, I-CAR certified
instructor and I teach in the Automotive program at the local Campus of Nova
Scotia Community College. I therefore absorb all mechanical references with
relish. My skills DO NOT however extend to things of a body related nature. My
subsequent posts will NOT be as long as this one. ( I promise, well, I'll try
not to  :-)

I am excited at the prospect of getting my little beauty on the road. I too put
one seat on the floor of the car when I got it home and made 'Vroom, vroom'
noises.

Happy motoring to all and I hope to be able to join you soon

Damian Hall
PO Box 1421
Stellarton   NS   B0K 1S0
Canada
halljd@pictou.nscc.ns.ca

BTW- I also have parts from 2 other SPL's. Does this count as the appearance of
5, 3 or only one more car accounted for?