Re[2]: Wheel came off

To: "Datsun List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re[2]: Wheel came off
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 13:21:30 -0700
If kids are doing this, it's pretty scary! Brain fade may be more likely.
Once, my mag wheel came loose. You can feel the wobble while driving, I
certainly did and then I tightened it up. More than likely I torqued 3 out
of 4 wheels and missed the last one. Also put a small drop of thread locker
(light duty blue) to help keep them in place.

When I was in high school, the kids took care of teachers we didn't like by
draining the air out of the tires closest to the curb. The wheels rested on the
hubcaps on the curb. Everything looked fine until the teacher would drive away,
and then kerplop! Two flat tires. Nothing sinister like what is being described
today!

Fred - So.SF