Re: Racing Bummer

To: jon_wissler@pngc.com
Subject: Re: Racing Bummer
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 10:14:16 PDT
Hello All,

Been a while since I have posted to the list, but I have just got home from
vacation in my roadster (1000 miles +) and I had to wade through almost 350
emails. Whew!

About racing: it's all about choosing your battles. SInce I drove so much on
this trip (I took the 17 mile drive in Pebble Beach. If you are ever there:
do it. It's fun!) that I got to "race" several cars. For the most part, we
don't do well off the line. Especially with solexes. No, I found the best
performance in the car is in handling around turns and keeping the revs near
4000 rpm. The car is in its element there.

We probably will not be able to beat a 911, but so far any car in my class
is hard pressed to keep up.

Solvang was great and I enjoyed seeing so many cars in person that I had
previously seen only in pictures.

Andrew Murphy
67.5 2000 Solex