Re: Stainless Steel side trim question

To: HIGHKIX4@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stainless Steel side trim question
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 18:25:26 EDT
In a message dated 05/04/2000 8:54:35 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
HIGHKIX4@aol.com writes:

<< For all:
 Was lining up my trim pieces, what goes where,
 and the rear sections are different!!!
 One goes to a nice tapered point at the back, and
 one just sort of ends.  The car was whacked at one
 time in the right rear, and I am thinking that the
 tapered end one is the early correct one for my car
 as it seems to fit best on the drivers (non whacked)
 side.  It dosnt really matter, this is by no means
 something I need to fix, the trim is going right
 back on the car after a good scrubbing and
 some careful and minor hammering for
 nick and dent repair.  Just curious.
 And....of course.... if someone else out
 there has one of each and wants to trade??
 Jim
 Chesapeake Va

Jim,
You are right, the pointy end goes to the rear. And the slanted front part
matches the angle at the door opening. Sorry, don't have any to trade as it
took me four years to track down all the pieces!

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Warren Me