Re: gas

To: mzk578@hqs.mid.gmeds.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: gas
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 18:33:26 EDT
In a message dated 05/05/2000 7:27:04 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
mzk578@hqs.mid.gmeds.com writes:

<< hey list.....another stupid question from me, i was wondering what the best

 gas to use for my 1967 1600?  i've been using 89 octane but i'm starting to
 wonder if it's the right stuff?

 please let me know what cha'll think.

 thanks in advance.

 -kevin a. gano
 sterling hts mi

Kevin,

If the car doesn't knock or ping under hard acceleration, it's probably OK.
I use premium, which I think is 92 octane (?) generally; otherwise it knocks.
The head has been shaved quite a bit and the engine is bored, as well as
living at sea level, all of which raise compression.

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Warren Me