Re: I hate you virus! Very OT

To: Roadster <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: I hate you virus! Very OT
From: Mark van der Hoek <captainhoek@postmark.net>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 21:11:56 -0600
Yet another reason to avoid using (or even having installed) MS Internet
Explorer or Outlook (Express or otherwise)

I am amazed at all the idiots who think the Big Bad Justice department is just
MEAN to to bothering that nice Mr. Gates.   What have all of the serious virus
problems of the last few years had in common?

They all were made possible by Microsoft products, which is bad enough.  The
real issue is that those of us in business DON'T HAVE ANY CHOICE!

That's called a monopoly.  A monopoly which was attained by some very good
marketing (that's good), AND some very nasty and underhanded tactics.  The
crappiness of the software (I realize many don't know any better - that only
proves the point) only exacerbates the central problem.

--
Mark van der Hoek
Salt Lake City

 "The national budget must be balanced.  The public debt
  must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must
  be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign
  governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't
  want to go bankrupt.  People must again learn to work,
  instead of living on public assistance."

                   Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 B.C.