Re[2]: Why #3?

To: 9laser3@bright.net, Sexmnypwr@aol.com
Subject: Re[2]: Why #3?
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 10:32:00 -0700
Add my engine to the list of those reporting #3 problems (not
currently). Crossing my fingers after my U20 rebuild for my 66. I got
the busted engine from someone else a long time ago. When tearing it
down last year I found that #3 rod had lost it's bearings, and that's
what did the engine in.

Also, #3 piston was newer/different than the others, so the PO had
previous problems with #3 and replaced it. Another clue are the two
welds on the valve cover above #3 valves.

Fred