Classic Datsun Motorsports to the rescue... again.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Classic Datsun Motorsports to the rescue... again.
From: "Chris Casey " <CHRISCA@callawaygolf.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 13:09:49 -0800
It was a beautiful "extended" weekend here in San Diego.
With temperatures in the low 70's it was a great weekend for roadsters.
And, as the story goes, I took my 66' 1600 for a "spirted" drive thru
the twisty roads of Rancho Santa Fe.  Lots of sharp turns, lots of 2nd
and 3rd, and not many other cars.  ( except for an occasional Rolls Royce )

After giving the 1600 a good work out I headed for a cruse up
coast hwy 101.  Didn't get very far.  Blew my cluch salve out at the
first stop sign!  @#$%*&!

With AAA and a flat bed tow I got the car over to CDM around 3:00.
By 3:30 I was ready to roll again !!!  Rob had my car up in the air, the
old slave off and a new one on with the lines bled in less than 15 minutes!
Thanks again Rob for dropping what you were working on to help me out.
That is not the first time ( and probably not the last ) that the good folks
at CDM have stopped to help someone out and get them on the road again.

I don't think I could "enjoy the ride" in a 33 year old car without knowing
I had people like Les, Dennis and Rob out there to help keep me on the road.

Oh, and by the way.  We have confirmed, that was NOT Rob driving the
300 Z in the police chase that ended on 805 in a shoot out.  I think his
comment was something like... "I have out run them in the past..."

Thanks again.

Chris Casey
'66 1600
San Diego