Sweet 16 and 510 flashbacks

To: Datsun <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sweet 16 and 510 flashbacks
From: laurahoey@myself.com
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 19:19:51 -0500 (EST)
Having owned a roadster for about a month now I'm being reminded of my mom's
510 I drove as a teenager. One thing I hated about that car was how it
sputtered and coughed everytime you turned the ignition off. At 16 I just
ignored it and let it spaz out, I'm far less inclined to do that now.

What is the proper way to turn off a roadster? If I engage the clutch and turn
it off it sputters, if I disengage the clutch it does the same thing.
BUT...I've discovered if I simultaneously turn off the ignition and release the
clutch it turns off just fine. What causes this and is my method of turning the
car off harming it in any way?

Laura Hoey
70 SRL311-14316
Issaquah, WA