Re: Another Wheel Question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Another Wheel Question
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 13:15:55 -0800
A number of companies are making true 3-piece wheels so you can specify any rim
width and offset you like. These wheels typically have a drop center so they
don't have to be disassembled to change tires. Earlier 2-piece and 3-piece
wheels used a big o-ring to seal, but the newer ones are assembled at the
factory and then sealed with some sealant that looks like clear silicone aaround
the internal seams. If you try to disassemple these, they will have to be
resealed.

--
Gordon Glasgow
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org