Another Wheel Question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Another Wheel Question
From: CWhite1020@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 23:28:31 EST
Awhile back I sent out a call for info on EMPI wheels. A few listers also had
them or had heard of them.

I have four of them. Came with the car. I liked the look and checked the fit
on the car. Clearance was OK, so I sent them off to be refinished. AFter
droppiong a load of cash they look great. Still don't have presentable center
caps, but have not given up. Any suggestions??

My real question is: The appear to be two piece wheels. They have 8-10 studs
with lock nuts on the inside. I have never attempted to take them apart. In
order to mount a tire; do I need to split them open like a two piece truck
wheel ro can I just use the regular tire machine?? The outer flange on the
rim looks wider than most other wheels.

They are 14X7 or 8. Any other ares to watch out for? Tire size limits. I was
looking to mount 195 or 205/60/14's.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Christopher White
SRL 311-05468