Re: Another Wheel Question

To: "PATRICK P. CASTRONOVO" <slick@mohaveaz.com>,
Subject: Re: Another Wheel Question
From: STAN CHERNOFF <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 09:00:53 -0800
EMPI wheels were available in two piece models for roadsters.  The outer
part had studs that went through the inner part and they were held together
with nuts on the inside.  These wheels were not the "Drop Center" type so
it was not possible to install or remove a tire without separating the
inner from the outer.  There is a recess in the castings for an "O-ring" to
seal so that tubeless tires can be used.

There seemed to be light and heavy castings.  The light ones were probably
a magnesium alloy and the heavier ones were probably an aluminum alloy.

I have not been able to locate new caps.

Stan

At 08:43 AM 11/13/99 -0700, PATRICK P. CASTRONOVO wrote:
>You should also take into account that if it was a split rim, there would
>have to be a tube inside the tire.  Since most if not all passenger tires
>are tubeless, I doubt that your rim is two piece.  Pat

Some of the wheels have markings on the inside of the hub area that were