Front wheel seal removal

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Front wheel seal removal
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 15:20:50 -0800
Hi,

I've got new rotors and seals ready to go into the front wheels. One of the
existing seals blew grease all over my brakes, destroying the rotor disc
and brake pads so my '66 pulls to the side when stopping.

So how do I pop those old seals out from behind the inner bearings, without
damaging the bearings? If the bearings are in good shape, I'd rather not
have to buy new ones. Do I pry the seal out from the back side of the
rotor, or do I push it out from inside the front hub with a tool of some
kind?

Fred - So.SF
SF BADROC
'66 2000