Paint Stripping

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Paint Stripping
From: Paul <paul@winresearch.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 13:11:51 -0800
So I'm stripping off the old paint and discover that a lot of the car is
coated with a thin layer of gray body filler. The stripper softens it up
and underneath I find the what looks like a victim from the Texas
Chainsaw Body Shop Part I.

Some dufus must have taken a rotary grinder to the metal and there are a
lot of scratches. The body is pretty solid so far, apart from the not
unexpected front wheel well cancer and some accident damage around one
(or both) headlight surrounds.

A little advice, if you please, on working out the metal scars. Power
tools? What sandpaper grit do I use? I don't mind rubbing it all down by
hand, at least until my tennis elbow flares up. I'm going to let
professionals take care of the rust and damage, but I'd like to prepare
as much of the car on my own as I can.

Thanks in advance

Paul
67 1600