Re: rocker arm removal

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, SSochoux@dbc.com
Subject: Re: rocker arm removal
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 99 15:50:11 CDT
Stephen,

You need to compress the VALVE springs.

Usually this is easier with the head on the engine, and the
pistons rotated DOWN from the top of the block.

With a long screwdriver, or prybar, you should be able to
pry under the camshaft, pressing down on top of the valve.

Problem about doing this on the bench, is you need room for
the valve to open without hitting the top of the workbench!
So either with a couple of 4x2 pieces under the head, or what
ever, to keep the valve from getting bent when you open it
is needed.

Once you remove the rocker arm, also remove the lash pad.
Put both into a zip locked bag noting where they came from
(I number the bags 1 through 8 for easy identification).

Cheers,

Tom