rocker arm removal

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: rocker arm removal
From: "Sochoux, Stephan" <SSochoux@dbc.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 12:40:51 -0700
Hello all,

I'm trying to remove the rocker arms on my U20 and i'm not making much
progress. To start with, the head is off the engine and on the workbench.
I've removed the little retainer springs on the rocker arms which give them
some free play. It's not enough to slide them out. I can't see any pivot
point to use to push the valve springs down without damaging the head. Do i
just remove the cam bearing caps ? It seems to me to would put a lot of
pressure on the cam and on the remaining caps. How is it done ?

Thanks-

Stephan.
'69 2000 in repair