A "first"

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: A "first"
From: "nruff" <NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 20:47:58 -0500
Hey all-

Had a "first" when I met Russ Southwell several weekends ago when he was
kind enough to pass along a rebuildable low-windshield hardtop.  This was my
first opportunity to meet a living, breathing roadster owner nevertheless, a
dedicated list member.  What a great experience!  This list alone provides a
great deal of motivation not only through its roadster "success stories" but
also through the problem solving abilities of its members.  Greater yet was
to meet someone face to face, who shares the same ambitions and infatuation
with our fun little roadsters.  Just seeing Russ's excitement as he showed
me his neatly restored, baby-blue 70 1600 and three other project/donor cars
was enough to keep me going for quite awhile.  It was a great time of
sharing ideas and ambitions, not being fettered by the limits and lack of
personality that e-mail presents. An excellent visit.

Roadster content:  This "motivation" has promoted some near "all-nighters"
in a quest to get my body work done and at least primed before the necessary
above 50 degree temps are gone till next spring!

Nathan
67 1600 (1/2 way around car, stripping prepping and priming)
67 1/2 1600  (going to storage this w/end)
69 2000  (soon to be "engine-less" when its drivetrain goes to the 67
1600-winter project)
70 1600 2.8LChevy (driven quite often-in red primer/body work done-painting
next spring)