Re: Blasphemy - but I want an automatic

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Blasphemy - but I want an automatic
From: Ronnie Day <rday@airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:58:14 -0500
>I'd look at the KA24 Motor and Transmission. You are in for some
>work, but the later automatics usually have a smaller housing
>than the earlier ones.
>
>Ideal would be to find a donor vehicle, and swap over the
>harness and electronics. Take a close look at the automatic
>as it may have a controller of its one! Haven't played with
>any automatic swap's, but automatic transmissions are becoming
>more electronic in natures.

Didn't the KA-24 come in a FWD configuration with automatics? Check with
Bill Kenyon (SRL311KA@aol.com). He works for Napa Nissan (I think) in
some service capacity and has a very good running KA powered roadster.
There's a picture of his installation off of the ZCCD home page in the
Shasta '99 coverage.

Although I'm sure his is a manual, Bill can give you a lot of useful
info. A heck of a nice guy.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@airmail.net