Blasphemy - but I want an automatic

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Blasphemy - but I want an automatic
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@compctr.ccs.csus.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 10:56:13 PST8PDT
Send flames off-line, please :-)

I'm sorry, but I don't like to shift. I want an automatic! Very rarely,
there are reports of automatic Roadsters being spotted. Does anyone
have information as to what fits? I'd like to keep the original engine,
but I believe the only auto that bolts up is the RL411 and is too
wide for the tunnel.

Is there a combo, preferably Nissan, that will fit without torching
the tunnel?

And to those worried about the donor car if I ever get around to trying
this, rest assured it will be one of those 'ugly dash' late-model high
windshield ones.

-- John