Re: Blasphemy - but I want an automatic

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Blasphemy - but I want an automatic
From: Ronnie Day <rday@airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 21:16:31 -0500
>Ron - KA24 also came in the trucks, both with 5 speed and automatic.
>
>There is also that KA24DE twin cam motor, but was only brought ito the
>USA in FWD setup. Still RWD (rear wheel drive) versions exist outside
>the USA. Nice thing would be parts are available for that motor.

Yeah, for some reason up til now there seem to have been more go fast
parts for the 12 valve (single cam?) version, but I understand that may
be changing. I'll go through my archives and see if I can't make some
weight comparisons between the KA and the VG. I do lean toward the inline
fours myself. One strong impression of the late Z-Cars I've always had is
how crowded the engine compartments are. Even so there are some very nice
VG-30 510's running around.

FWIW, I sincerely hope Nissan can stay afloat and keep us supplied with
parts for whatever we're playing with.

Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@airmail.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)