Re: u20 startup help

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: u20 startup help
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 99 13:20:25 CDT
Patrick,

OEM thickness of the cylinder head is about 4.258". Measure
the thickness after milling and install shims to compensate
the for the difference after milling.

As to measuring the chain slack before and after: two problems.
First: The components really should be replaced at rebuild, and
you would be measuring the slack of a worn out chain.
Second: The U20 uses four gear, and two chains. You can not
measure between the crankshaft and camshaft gears.

Cheers,

Tom