Speedometer glass

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Speedometer glass
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 99 13:43:20 CDT
>From: "Gerardo Magana" <gmagana@softcom.net>

>On the brighter side of things, does any one have any recommendations as to
>what I might be able to do in order to replace a lens on my speedometer, Has
>anyone done this or happens to have an extra lens or speedo that they might
>want to sell.  Is there a way to take it apart and replace the lens.

A shop that specializes in the old speedometers should be able to cut
a new glass for you.

Problem is the crimp seal around the speedometer and tachometer (early
flat dash items). As they crimp is hard to open and close... and still
look great!

On rebuilding trick is to "open" the can of the speedometer, and install
three little tabs that then are retained by small screws. Allows access
to the internal parts without touching the crimp. In your case of little
help to replace the glass that way.

>Also thanks to Tom Walter for the copies of the door operators, they came in
>handy, now I just need enough time to get them installed.

Uh... man is my memory getting bad as I do not remember that one? ;-)

Cheers,

Tom