L20b swap?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: L20b swap?
From: "Matt Peterson" <pete_303@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 18:00:07 PDT
Hi everyone,

Just took my car off insurance today so no more roadster driving for me
until next spring :(  Anyway I want to make a few improvements to it this
winter.  My first project will be to replace the brakes, that's no problem.
My second project I want to tackel would be to put in a different engine.
So since it seems that a few people have done the L20b switch I would like
to ask anyone who's done this before of any problems or modifications they
ran into.  I would just like to get an idea of what I should expect before I
drop any money for an engine.

Also, does anyone know of a good place to find a decent running L20b engine
and trans?  I'm going to call a few places locally when I get a day off but
I don't know what luck I'll have.

Thanks!

Matt Peterson
68 1600  Soon to be 2L powered hopefully!
Zimmerman, MN