More on the 1600 exhaust rattle

To: "Bruce Dalrymple" <bdalrymple@nctimes.net>,
Subject: More on the 1600 exhaust rattle
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 22:01:10 -0700
Bruce,

The rubber mounts are important. Ireplaced them SEVERAL times. If you are
losing mounts as I was, check to see if they have their heat shields. If
not, it's no biggie. they can be made up from thin aluminum sheet.  On my
car, the steel strips that act as clamps were bent up so they didn't hold
secure anymore. I wrapped fiberglass insulation (just the plain stuff you'd
use in your wall) around the pipe to take up the slack.

I just installed CDM's header with the flex fitting. This is a great idea!
We all know that our engines move a lot. this will remove the stress of the
engine movment from the exhaust system. Last year I had snapped my exhaust
pipe right aft of the manifold flange.

Don't know about your 1600's, but I love my U20 exaust note. Deep, Low and
Loud - sets off alarms where ever I go. I may be crazy, but it makes me
smile.

Vicor
70 SRL
Los Angeles