Mileage

To: "a roadster list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mileage
From: "PATRICK P. CASTRONOVO" <slick@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 21:44:19 -0700
I was wondering what kind of mileage you people are getting with your
Roadsters.  When my 67.5 2000 Mikuni/Solex was running, I was getting 30mpg.
I thought it was very good mileage in the 70's.  You do realize the oil
companies are in cahoots with the auto manufacturers.  I remember in 1961, I
could buy gasoline for $0.19 per gal.  But at that time it was hard to get
over 12-15 miles per gal.  So today we can get 30+ mpg.  But it cost $1.50
per gal.  So do the math.  Was it cheaper in the old days for gas, or is gas
a bargain today.  I think it only raised the amount of money the Government
makes in taxes.
Patrick P. Castronovo