Re: Re[2]: starter problem?

To: kyle@sonic.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re[2]: starter problem?
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 18:38:27 EDT
In a message dated 10/05/1999 5:40:55 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
kyle@sonic.net writes:

<< So my question is, the next time you replace the clutch, can you
 >dismount the flywheel, turn it 90 degrees, remount thereby getting
 >"fresh" teeth for this stopping area?

 Hmmm, kinda doubt it guys. AFAIK, flywheels are usually keyed to fit on the
 crank in only one orientation...  but I don't know roadsters as well as
 all-a-y'all, so YMMV.

 Kyle
 (who will probably find out first hand what the flywheel situation looks
like,
 thanks to my dog jumping shift action;-) >>

The ring gear is removable and you COULD take it off and repostition it. It
would be better to just put a new one on. You do this by heating it up then
positioning it and letting cool on the flywheel.

Joseph
70 1600
Warren ME