Radio Console

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Radio Console
From: cbruccia@mminet.com
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 14:51:44 -0400

I was thinking about swapping out my radio this weekend in my 68 2000, but it
looks a little more involved than I thought.  I could not figure out how the
vertical center console is attached.  I saw a couple of screws on the left and
right and top and took those out, but it didn't budge.  How is this bugger
attached?  Any tricks to get the radio out?  Are the heater control cables an
issue? (mine don't work that great anyway).  I will take my current radio with
me when looking for another to make sure that the new one will fit.  Thanks for
your help.