brake lines

To: "roadsters list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: brake lines
From: "Dan and Louise Yates" <yates@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 12:08:26 -0600
Would I go wrong somewhere by simply using a longer fitting and flaring the
line to a bubble end ? I have to make up the engine compartment lines anyway
so the reduced length should not be a problem.

Dan:

If you are talking about the joint for the long brake line that runs from
the
engine to right in front of the rear axle, there is usually a small
double-flare fitting that joins the two metal lines together. It is about
1/4
inch long, with male flare on each side. If you lost yours, find one from a
parts car, we have not found them available commercially. Good luck.