Re: spark plugs

To: cbreaul@banet.net
Subject: Re: spark plugs
From: Marc Sayer <msayer1@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 17:44:58 +0000
cbreaul@banet.net wrote:

> I'm running BP5EQ-11's for the past four years without a problem. I had them
> lying around and figured I'd see what good 4 electrodes would do me. Never
>had a
> problem.
> Charlie

I had very good results with the NGK multi-electrode plugs. The BP5EQs
and the BP6EQs worked very well for me in the Zs and 510s, especially
with EI and a hotter coil or ignition system. In fact these were the
only plugs I was using for a while. They no longer make those plugs but
they do make an alternative. The BP6ET is also a multi-electrode plug
with the correct heat range for the Datsuns. BTW for a race car that
needs colder plugs you can try some of the multi-electrode plugs made
for the rotaries, but they are cold plugs that will tend to foul in most
cases (had good luck on a Z that needed cold plugs and had a hot
ignition setup, but most other times we found them too cold).

--
Marc Sayer
Editor/Publisher