RE: spark plugs

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: spark plugs
From: "Dan Neff" <neffster@mail.bemail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 15:38:01 MDT
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 "ken pletcher" <pletch@pacbell.net> wrote:
>I was wondering what spark plugs everyone is using and are you happy
>with them.  I have been running NGK B6ES 11 for about 8,000 miles
>and have had no problem's until recently.  They seem to be fuel
>fouling every now and then (as if one cylinder is shutting down) but
>will clear up.  I just pulled the plugs and they are wearing
>perfectly (tanish color and the electrode is not melted).
> Previously I tried Bosch plugs and the engine ran like crap.  Any
>suggestions?
>
>BTW my car is a 69 2000 with Solex carb's and cam,recently rebuild
>engine and petronix ignition.

I bought my car with BP6ES' and they seemed fine. I've done a TON of
tune work since, so can't really say if they're the _right_ ones.
Put approx 10k miles on them (but there were many tune related
variables too, ala lousy mix, bad distributor, etc).
I couldn't find NGK's, so then tried Bosch (platinum's). I agree -
car ran like crap. I put up with them for 8k miles, then replaced
them with BP5ES' which seem fine. I dunno if I'll switch to BP6ES'
for winter or not -- the hotter plug comes recommended for winter..

dan.
Dan Neff   '69 2000 (SU's, stock ignition)
       SRL311-12866
Colorado Springs,CO