Re: Re:front brake question

To: "Kyle Hagemann" <kyle@sonic.net>, "Paul" <paul@winresearch.com>,
Subject: Re: Re:front brake question
From: "Ron & Julie Edgar" <rvedgar@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 21:22:50 -0400
Paul

My brake photos are still up on page 2 of the  web site below If they will
help at all.

Not having air I tried to force the pistons out of the calipers by prying
with screw drivers " WRONG" As you can see in the photos it bent the center
guide pins.  Find a shop with air..... My calipers were corroded and my bet
is yours will be also.  Best thing you can do is buy a new set.  A new set
will run you $240.00  and turning the rotors $16.00.

While you have it all apart you should have someone help you apply stress in
different directions (a crow bar helps) on the front end swing arms and ball
and socket joints.  I have been slowly replacing mine with some used part I
was given that are better then what's on the car. Amazing what a difference
a tight suspension and good brakes can make!!!!!

Ron Edgar
68 1600
Ft Lauderdale Fla.

{Roadster Therapy}