Re: Shopping for Wheels - 69 2000

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shopping for Wheels - 69 2000
From: "Kyle Hagemann" <kyle@sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 13:45:51 -0700
It was asked:
>>I'm looking for custom wheels for my roadster.
>>I know the current wheel size (i.e., 14", 4 bolt,
>>4.5" centers
snip

Ronnie Day replied:
>Personally I like the Panasports very much. They can
>be a bit pricey at probably $175 plus/each depending
>on diameter and width, however they are quality pieces
>and you get what you pay for. One BIG advantage is that
>they can be had in virtually any offset, critical on
>Roadsters.

Just to toss my hat in, Ronnie is right on.  The Panas are very nice
wheels, a bit expensive (199 for 15x7, AIR), but light, have the
right "look", and fit perfectly.  The offset is a really big deal,
so be sure to get the right spec (I've heard 11mm negative?).

I wound up with the Panas after playing ring-around-the-rosie with
the local tire shops... nothing they could come up with had the
right offset, except some really ugly ones and some gorgeous ones
that were on backorder...  The end result is way better than
anything I looked at locally....

snip
>K-Speed or Paul Spruell would be contacts

Chuck at Kspeed was very helpful with getting me hooked up with a
set, call him at 1-800-494-0708, or gokspeed@aol.com

Kyle