RE: Shopping for Wheels - 69 2000

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Shopping for Wheels - 69 2000
From: Ronnie Day <rday@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 14:44:36 -0500
>I'm looking for custom wheels for my roadster.  I know the current wheel
>size (i.e., 14", 4 bolt, 4.5" centers), but when I ask local wheel
>vendors
>what will fit my car, I'm met with blank faces.  Are there more precise
>metrics that I could use for specifications, or is there a "modern"
>make/model of car that I could use for a reference instead of the
>roadster??
>Thanks for your consideration.

Personally I like the Panasports very much. They can be a bit pricey at
probably $175 plus/each depending on diameter and width, however they are
quality pieces and you get what you pay for. One BIG advantage is that
they can be had in virtually any offset, critical on Roadsters. There's a
picture of a silver 2000 with Panasports that I took at the Shasta Ski
Park on the Z-Car mag website. Don't know who's car it is, but nearly
everything under the hood is chrome or blue anodized. Beautiful car.

K-Speed or Paul Spruell would be contacts. Don't have numbers handy, but
they advertise in GRM and Sports Car. I'll post them when I have time to
dig them up later this evening.

HTH, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@airmail.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)