RE: Shopping for Wheels - 69 2000

To: lkmeston@pscnet.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Shopping for Wheels - 69 2000
From: arthur@vistamediagroup.com
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 11:30:56 -0700

When shopping for custom wheels for my '66 SPL311, I found out that
buying wheels for an older car is EXCEPTIONALLY tough.  My biggest
problem was the offset, because all "modern" vehicles seem to come with
positive offsets which pull the wheel in from center.  I believe our
Roadsters had zero offset.  I ended up getting a set of wheels with 18
offset (18mm off center).  The bolt pattern has to be close but can be
corrected by inserts (most tire & wheel places can have it done for you).

Arthur R. Rockwell
'66 SPL311
North Hollywood,  CA