Re: Starter diagnosis

To: "John E. Stromgren" <jstromgr@sqi.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Starter diagnosis
From: "PATRICK P. CASTRONOVO" <slick@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 18:43:28 -0700
This is your problem.  The BENDIX SPRING has become too weak to engage the
starter gear.  It is a replaceable item without replacing the whole starter
and selenoid.  If you are mechanically inclined, purchase the part before
you take it off, the starter to let you see what it is you need to replace.
Any auto parts person with any savvy can tell you what your problem is if
you describe what is happening.
Pat 67.5 2000 mikuni/solex