Re: Ignition questions (Pertronix, timing, and vacuum advance)

To: "Thomas Walter" <walter@omni.sps.mot.com>,
Subject: Re: Ignition questions (Pertronix, timing, and vacuum advance)
From: "Kyle Hagemann" <kyle@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:15:07 -0700
>Hook up the vacuum advance line. Better economy & engine response
>as partial throttle.
>
>I found a rubber tube that would slip over the threaded nipple.
>Vacuum line slips inside the larger line over the nipple.
snip

Thanks for the help, Tom!  I will hook that vacuum back up at lunch
time...  other questions remain unanswered, though, regarding the
gap (should be .030, currently is about .010, not adjustable without
grinding one of the mounting holes oblong) and the initial timing
(currently timed at a touch less than low-rpm/high-load pinging).

TIA,